Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let's meet Rayna Joan!

Well, this is the story of Rayna Joan Reitan's entry into this world. Josh and I arrived at Methodist hospital on Thursday, August 13th at 8:00 in the morning with a planned c-section at 9:40. When Dr. Witzke came in to talk to me she decided she would give me the chance to try to have her vaginally. By 9:30 I was hooked up to an iv of oxitocin to see if a low dose would kick start my body into natural labor. The oxitocin helped my contractions to become regular and stronger. I was checked again at 3:30 in the afternoon and there was no change to my cervix. I decided to try a little longer. By 5:30 there was still no progress and Josh and I decided we waited long enough and really wanted to meet our little girl. I signed the consent form for the c-section and Rayna was born at 6:09 in the evening on August 13th.


Here I am at some point during the induction. My mom and step-dad brought Brock by before his nap to see me. He did not want to leave my side the entire time he was there. You can see he brought "his baby" with him.
There she is! All slimy and covered in goo!


Just minutes old.
Our first photo together. They are putting me back together as this picture is being taken.
Brock meets Rayna. He couldn't stop looking at her. Rayna is pronounced "RAY-nah". My mom's name is Joan so that's how we chose her middle name.
Proud Grandma Joan
Grandpa Juan
Rayna's first night...just a few hours old.
Nana and Grandpapa say hello. Rayna had lots of guests while we were in the hospital. Britta, Matt, Ben, Emily, Brayden and lots of friends. Thank you for all of your love and support. We are so excited to finally meet our little angle. We love you Rayna!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Welcome to the world Rayna! We can't wait to meet you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

JaHeRoAdmirer said...

Rayna is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. Her Cousin Olan will be in Minnesota from September 24 - 30th. That weekend (27th, 28th) we will be planning his 1st Birthday party...Yippee! More cake! LOL

HUGS to baby Rayna!! See you guys soon.
xoxo
Donna