Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Hello everyone. This is Brock's mom. I have been having terrible luck updating this blog lately. I don't know if it's a computer issue or a camera issue (I always blame computers). Let me just tell you about our weekend and then I'll add photos later. I took Friday and Monday off so I got to spend 4 wonderful days with Brock and Josh.

On Friday, Brock had his 9 month check up and everything went well. His doctor was a bit concerned about his weight and said we need to try to beef him up a little. Here are his stats: Head 60%, Length 55%, Weight 20%. He loves to eat so it shouldn't be too hard to add an extra meal to his day. His crawling probably affected his weight more than anything else.

Saturday he got his first tooth! The bottom left one. He is really "growing up" SO fast!

Sunday was my first Mother's Day and we celebrated with a delicious breakfast, a trip to the park and a family dinner at P.F. Chang's.

Monday was just a Monday. I got a few things done around the house and enjoyed spending time with Brock.

Tuesday I was offered the weekend baylor position at the hospital I used to work for. I have truly loved being the quality control analyst for Park Nicollet. My current job is the perfect "job" for me. It challenges me and allows me to educate my co-workers. I feel I have a huge impact on the improvement within the radiology department. However, Brock is 9 months old now and I feel this time has slipped away from me. I have also missed patient care and taking x-rays. Josh and I discussed it and today I am going to accept the offer. I will work every Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and one extra shift every two weeks and get paid for full time (80 hours/pay period). This will allow me to spend Monday-Friday with my dear Brock! It will also free up my Mon-Fri schedule (if anyone was thinking about a visit :)
I will keep you all posted as to my start date. I have to finish up some projects in my current position before they will allow me to transfer.

Look for some wonderful photos in the near future. I'll figure out what the problem is and get some posted soon.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: