Friday, October 2, 2009

Rayna meets some very important people

I'm still learning some of the functions of my new camera. I found this option called "Happy Faces" which allows me to add a smile to a face that doesn't have a smile. I was playing with this feature and thought the results were pretty funny and worth sharing. The photo above is the original photo...no smile

This is a computer generated smile. The camera has a scale of 1-5 for how big you make the "fake" smile. This is a 5.
This is a 3 on the smile scale. Some of the ones I played with looked pretty natural (not like this one).

This is my dear friend Gail. She was one of my classmates in x-ray school. She really enjoyed meeting Rayna.

Gail had a brain tumor removed while we were in school together (2004).
It came back and she just had a second surgery in August of this year (2009) to remove as much of it as possible. The sling you see is supporting her broken collar bone, which she got from falling off of her bike one day when she had cabin fever.
It was great seeing you again Gail. I hope your collar bone feels better soon!
Ben and Emily welcomed their beautiful baby girl to the world on September 22. Gabrielle Teresa weighed 10 lbs. 2 oz. and was born sometime around 2:00 pm. Here she is side by side with Rayna. Gabrielle is 8 days old and Rayna is one day shy of 7 weeks. They were both 21 inches long at birth. It's amazing how much they grow (and stretch out) in 7 weeks! Welcome to the family little Gabrielle!

Eyes open!
Here are Brock and Brayden playing in the living room of Ben and Emily's place.
Here is a 7 week picture of Rayna. She just had a bath and was warming up under our lights on the kitchen table. It's amazing how much heat those little "candle" style bulbs put off. It reminds me of a science experiment I did in grade school when I grew bean plants under different types of light. Let's just say incandescent light bulbs did not win.
Rayna has begun to smile. It's pretty tricky to catch her on camera. This is either the beginning or the end of a big one.
Rayna is waving "Good bye"
I'll post some more pictures of Brock soon.

3 comments:

JaHeRoAdmirer said...

Finally! Pictures of precious Gabrielle, too! :o) Rayna is stunning - how gorgeous! I can't wait to see these little ladies growing up, with their big brothers looking out for them. *sigh* ...perfection!

Heidi said...

Rayna is BEAUTIFUL! Love seeing the pics!

JaHeRoAdmirer said...

Check out the matching Brock and Rayna portraits:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jzbell/1315394468/in/set-72157601839547956/


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jzbell/3971028356/in/set-72157622367593623/

:o)